HYBRID TRAINING EBOOK
DO YOU HAVE BIG ENDURANCE & LIFTING GOALS...
BUT NEVER KNOW HOW TO COMBINE THE TWO?
The fitness industry has spent years telling you “running kills your gains” and “lifting makes runners bulky,” leaving runners weak and lifters poorly conditioned.
But you want more – you want to do BOTH.
YOU WANT TO HAVE STRONG, POWERFUL LEGS AND LUNGS…
That can lift heavy weights and run hard miles. But you need help on how to pair the two together.
That’s where HYBRID comes in. Finally understand the science of combining lifting + endurance. HYBRID teaches you how to approach ‘hybrid fitness’ across time and crush the goals you’ve been told aren’t possible.
60+ of weekly example of how to pair lifting with running, endurance or metcons included that will teach you how to structure your weeks based on your fitness status, schedule, and goals. You can hit that PR and cross that finish line. You just have to be smart. That’s where HYBRID comes in.
learn how to EFFECTIVELY COMBINE LIFTING + RUNNING
ACROSS YOUR WEEK WITH THE RUNNING + LIFTING examples
- WHAT YOU WILL DO: Successfully apply hybrid training skills to your program, and set up your week & year of training based on your goals.
- LEARN: What is hybrid training, how does “lifting kill our gains,” and how we can use science to pair our running (or other endurance) and lifting goals.
- LEARN: The importance of maximizing your recovery and what you should prioritize to handle hybrid training without always feeling run down, sore or tired.
- APPLY: Learn Doc Lyss’s signature “seasons of training,” and how to prioritize lifting vs. endurance across the year, and multiple years.
- EXAMPLES: 60+ way of how to set up your week of training based on YOU! From beginners, seasoned runners trying to lift, lifters trying to run, Metcon lovers, and those training for that first big distance race, showing you how you would progress over time. Factoring in your schedule, days per week you can train & time!
** HYBRID weekly examples help show you how to pair together The Lyss Method programs or TRAIN lifting template with The Lyss Method Running programs. You can use your own program if desired. HYBRID is not a training program.
The Lyss Method
Lift heavier, run further, train smarter, and learn more. Crush your goals with The Lyss Method, a multi-level style of training designed to help you reach your goals!
A 16 week bodyweight to barbell beginner program. No prior lifting experience is needed. Begin is designed for those who want to build confidence under a barbell.
Barbell experience needed. Perfect to pair with running, climbing, yoga, etc. Gain strength, develop muscle, and improve your overall fitness.
Barbell experience needed. Gain strength, develop muscle, and improve overall ﬁtness. Pro includes more volume than LITE for those with more serious strength goals.
An 18 week lifting program that parallels any race training plan. Adjusts volume along with your race peak and taper.
Everything you’ve ever wanted to learn about running, is included in the app! Endure includes the science application of running, sports nutrition, and racing